Factor analysis of processes of corporate culture formation at industrial enterprises of Ukraine
Illiashenko Sergii Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of the Department of Marketing and Management of Innovative Activity,
Sumy State University (Ukraine); Habilitated Doctor, Professor,
University of Economics and Humanities, Bielsko-Biala (Poland) Ovcharenko Maxim PhD, director,
“Optimum solution” LTD, Sumy, Ukraine Ovcharenko Svetlana PhD, senior analyst,
“Optimum solution” LTD, Sumy, Ukraine
Authors have analyzed and synthesized the features of formation and development of the corporate culture at industrial enterprises of Ukraine and on this basis developed recommendations for application in the management of strategic development. During the research authors used the following general scientific methods: at research of patterns of interaction national culture, corporate culture and the culture of the individual authors used logical generalization method; for determining factors influencing corporate culture formation with the level of occurrence authors used factor analysis; for trend analysis of the corporate culture development at appropriate levels authors used comparative method. Results of the analysis showed that macro- and microfactors are external and mezofaktors (adaptability of business and corporate governance, corporate ethics, corporate social responsibility and personnel policies, corporate finance) are internal for an enterprise. Authors have identified areas for each of the factors, itemized obstacles to the establishment and development of corporate culture at Ukrainian industrial enterprises and proposed recommendations for these processes management.
corporate culture, factor analysis, the level of corporate culture formation, influence, intangible asset.
1. Arapov A.V. (2013). “Formation of corporate culture and its importance for the management of the company”, Economics, Business and Law, 1(18), 26-30.
2. Bashuk, T.O. & Zholuzhyeva, A.M. (2011). “Feasibility formation of corporate culture in the company”. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 179-184.
3. Cameron, K. S. & Quinn, R. E. (1999). “Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture”. Addison-Wesley Publishing Co, 320.
4. Corporate social responsibility in 2005-2010: status and prospect development (2011). Analytical report “The development of CSR” from http://www.svb.org.ua/publications/ksv-2005-2010-stan-ta-perspektivi-rozvitku.
5. Data for indicators of Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine in the process of protection of competition (2013) from http://www.amc.gov.ua/amku/control.
6. Data on the number of enterprises for the organizational-legal forms of the results of the public service of statistics of Ukraine for the years (2013) from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/.
7. Deal, T. & Kennedy, A. (1982). “Corporate Cultures: The Rites and Rituals of Corporate Life”. Addison-Wesley, Reading Mass.
8. “Effective Management: Report on Competitiveness of Regions of Ukraine”. (2013). Published by the Foundation “Effective Management” supported by the World Economic Forum from http://www.feg.org.ua/docs/FEG_report_2013_body_ukr_web.pdf.
9. Fey, C.F. & Denison, D.R. (1998). “Organizational Culture and Effectiveness: the Case of Foreign Firms of Russia”. Working Paper Number 179. December from http: www.econpapers.org.
10. Guiso L.; Sapienza P. & Zingales L. (2015). “Corporate Culture, Societal Culture, and Institutions”, American Economic Review, vol. 105, issue 5, 336-39.
11. Harris, P.R. & Morgan, R.T. (1991). “Managing Cultural Differences”. Gulf Publishing Company.
12. Hofstede, G. (1980). “Culture’s Consequences: International Differences in Work Related Values”. London: Sage Publications.
13. Illyashenko, S.M. & Ovcharenko, M.I. (2012). “Terms and peculiarities of the corporate culture of domestic enterprises”. Problems economy, 3, 114-118.
14. Illiashenko, S.M.; Shypulina, Y.S. & Illiashenko, N.S. (2015). “Knowledge management as a basis for innovative development of the company”. Actual Problems of Economics, 2015, 6(168), 173-181.
15. Jaffe, P. (1996). “Organization Theory: tension and change”. McGraw Hill International Editions. New York.
16. Kamʹyansʹka, O.V. (2010). “Corporate culture in the management of innovative enterprise”. Economy and the State, 8, 23-24
17. Kapitonov, E.A.; Zinchenko, G.P. & Kapitonov, A.E. (2005). “Corporate Culture: Theory and Practice”. M .: Publishing house “Alfa-Press”, 352.
18. Khimich, I.H. (2009). “Features formation of corporate culture of domestic enterprises at the present stage”. Economic space, 23/1, 216-222.
19. Kostina, T. V. (2008). “Corporate culture: its nature and formation in Ukraine”. Journal DonNUET, 3, 77-84.
20. Kotter, J.P. & Heskett, J.L. (1992). “Corporate Culture and performance”. New York: Free Press.
21. Kuzʹmin, O.Y.; Bala, O.I. & Bala, R.D. (2007). “Factors of influence on corporate culture: the nature and classification”. Economy: problems of theory and practice: Scientific Papers, 222(5). Dnipropetrovsʹk: DNU, 1078-1083.
22. O’Reilly, C. A.; Chatman, J. A.; & Caldwell, D. F. (1991). “People and organizational culture: A profile comparison approach to person-organization fit”. Journal Academy of Management, 34(3), 487-516.
23. Paponova, N. Ye. (2014). “The ethics of work with the staff or psychological contract”, Company Personnel, 7, 46-50.
24. Pasyeka, S. R. & Humenyuk, O.S. (2011). “Motivation labor competitiveness in the context of the corporate culture”. Chernihiv scientific journal. Series 1: Economy and Management, 1(1), 9-12.
25. Pitelʹ, N.Y. (2012). “Corporate culture of enterprise in conditions of globalization”. Ukrainian scientific-production journal. Innovative Economy. Enterprise and Management, 6, 62-65.
26. Ranking Web of World Business School (2013) from http://business-schools.webometrics.info/.
27. Serebryakova G. (2013). “Organizational changes”, Marketing. 3,111-125.
28. Shein, E.Н. (1990). “Organizational Culture”. American psychologist, Vol. 45(1), 109-119.
29. Shypulina, Y.S. (2010). “Innovation culture organizations: the nature, structure, approaches to assessment”. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 132-138.
30. Spivak, V.A. (2000). “Organizational Behavior and Human Resources”. SPb.: Publishing house “Piter”, 416.
31. The data concerning the assessment of the State of the property and corporate rights of the State for years (2014) from http://www.spfu.gov.ua
32. “The Global Competitiveness Report 2012-2013”. (2014). from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2013-14.pdf .
33. Ukrayinsʹka L.O. (2012). “Methods for assessing the level of corporate culture in the machine-building enterprises”. Efficient Economy, 12 from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=1483.
34. Zakharchyn, H.M. (2011). “Theory and Methodology of formation and development of organizational culture engineering enterprise: monograph”. Lʹviv: Publishing house of National University “Lʹvivsʹka politekhnika”, 348.
35. Zerkalʹ, A.V. (2011). “State of the corporate culture field of engineering”. Economic space, #2-3, 36-40.
Illiashenko S., Ovcharenko M., Ovcharenko S. Factor analysis of processes of corporate culture formation at industrial enterprises of Ukraine [Online] // Economic Processes Management: International Scientific E-Journal. 2016. №2. Available: http://epm.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/download/2016_2/2016_2_11.pdf