The article deals with theoretical and methodological foundations and applied aspects of the regional policy of energy saving aimed at the efficient use of energy resources in the region, diversification of energy supplies, modernization of energy infrastructure through the introduction of new technologies and protection of regional interests in the energy sector. The basic approaches and methods for the formation of regional policy of energy saving are determined. It allows deepening and expanding of the basic applied researches, and solving of more complex theoretical and applied problems of regional development. It is mentioned, that the development of regional energy saving policy involves the formation of appropriate legal, financial and credit policy; scientific research, economic, organizational and management measures; advertising and marketing support. It is proved, that for the practical implementation of regional policy the complex combination of economic feasibility, social effectiveness and environmental safety is required.
energy security, energy conservation, energy efficiency, energy saving regional policy, fuel and energy resources diversification, decentralization.
1. Kovalko, M. P., & Kovalko, O. M. (2009). Rozvynuta energetyka – osnova natsionalnoi bespeky Ukrainy. Analiz tendentsii i mozhlyvostei [Developed Energy is the foundation of national security of Ukraine. Analysis of trends and opportunities] LLC «Typography» «Biznespolihraf »» [in Ukrainian].
2. Yevtushevskyy, V., Kochedykova, A. (2009). Faktory formuvannia energetychnoi bespeky Ukrainy [Factors of formation of Ukraine’s energy security]. Bulletin of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University: Economics. Vyp.107/108, 15-17 [in Ukrainian].
3. Serdyuk, T. V., Franyshyna, S. Yu. (2009). Osoblyvosti realizatsii energozberezhennia v Ukraini: dosiagnennia ta shliakhy vdoskonalennia [Features implement energy saving policy in Ukraine: achievements and ways of improvement]. Journal of Khmelnytsky National University, 1, 52-56 [in Ukrainian].
4. Gerasymchuk, Z. V. (2001). Regionalna polityka stalogo rozvytk: metodologiia formuvannia, mekhanizmy realizatsii: Monografiia [Regional policy of sustainable development: methodology of formation, mechanisms of realization: Monograph.]. Lutsk: Nadstyrya [in Ukrainian].
5. Programa ekonomichnykh reform Ukrainy na 2010-2014 rr. «Zamozhne suspilstvo, konkurentna ekonomika, efektyvna derzhava» [Ukraine economic reform program for 2010-2014 «Prosperous society, competitive economy, effective state»] president.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.president.gov.ua/docs /Programa_reform_FINAL_1.pdf. [in Ukrainian].
6. World Energy Council. World Energy Perspective. Energy efficiency policies: what works and what does not (2013). World Energy Council
7. Suhodolya, A. M. (2006). [Energy efficiency in the context of national security: research methodology and mechanism of realization: Monograph]. Kyiv: NADU [in Ukrainian].