The requirement of being a leader is nowadays addressed not only to the higher level managers in hotel business. Specific situations can occur at every level of management requiring leader’s competences from the managers. The main purpose of the article is to study the influence of leader’s competences on the improvement of manager’s performance in hotel business. The main result to be achieved is: clearly distinguished leader’s competences and identified areas in which the manager – subject of research – shall need improvement. The major research methods used in this work are on-line survey, interview, method of comparison, method of analysis and synthesis.
leader’s competences, manager, cluster of competences, hotel business.
1. Aldag, R., Steams, Т. (1987), Management. South-Western Publishing Co.
2. Соlе, G., (1988), Personal Management. Theory and Рractice, 2nd Ed. London, D.P. Publication Ltd.
3. Dimitrova, R., (2014), Monitoring of the Company Competitiveness. Univ. Publ. „N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad.
4. Filipova M., Model for development of the leader’s competences of the manager, Economic Processes Management: International Scientific E-Journal, (ІSSN 2311-6293), epm.fem.sumdu.edu.ua №2 – 2015.
5. Filipova, M., (2013), Management style in Tourism, Romanian Economic Business Review, Vol. 8, issue 4.1, pp. 11-16.
6. Filipova M., (2012), Interaction between Management style and Corporate culture in Tourism, Paper presented at “Tourism and Management Studies” International Conference Algarve, Portugal, vol.2, рp. 587-594.
7. Filipova M., (2012), The Leadership Competences in Tourism, Paper presented at 8th International Scientific Conference “Management in the Function of Increasing the Tourism Consumption”, Croatia, pp.131-138.
8. Filipova, M., (2007), “Decision Making and Manager’s Leadership Competences”, Paper presented at the International symposium „Integration of Science and Education as Key Factor for Building up the Knowledge-Based Society”, Ukraine, pp. 331- 339.
9. Hristov. I., (2008), Managers and leaders, Publ. Matic-M, Burgas.
10. Kyurova, V., (2011), Seasonality and Competitiveness in Hotel Business, dissertation paper, “N. Rilski” SWU, Blagoevgrad.
11. Kyurova, V., Dimitrova, R., (2013), Human resources’ quality – a factor for the improvement of the tourism product competitiveness. Journal of management and sustainable development, Vol.42, pp. 119-124.
12. Madgerova, Р., (2013), Entrepreneurship in Hotel Business- conditions and problems, Univ. Publ. „N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad.
13. Usheva, M., (2010), Talent Management. Univ. Publ. „N. Rilski”.
14. Usheva, М., (2010), Positive Leadership. Univ. Publ. “N. Rilski”.
15. Yaneva, D., (2013), Model for mitigation of seasonality influence on the rate of employment in the hotel business, Paper presented at the Symposium “Management, Quality and Competitiveness for Sustainable Development” electronic edition, Univ. Publ. “N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad, pp. 416-425.
16. Yaneva, D., (2006), Salary – motivator of the “complex man”, “Economics and Management” Journal, Univ. Publ. „N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad, Vol. 3, pp. 57-63.