Leadership is not what the leader does, but what is done by the leader and the team together. The leader’s competences are requisite not only to the political leaders but also to the managers of big corporations. The skills of active influence on the social reality underlie each successful business and each successful career. The main purpose of the article is to propose a model for development of the leader’s competences of the manager. The main result to be achieved is designed model of leader’s competences development by the means of which the areas in which the manager needs improvement shall be developed. The major research methods used in this work are method of comparison, intuitive and systematic approach, method of analysis and synthesis.
leader, leader’s competences, manager, model for development of the leader’s competences.
1. Datta, B. (2015). Assessing the effectiveness of authentic leadership, International Journal of Leadership Studies, Vol. 9, Iss.1, pp. 61-75.
2. Dzhonev, S. (1990). Manager’s strategies in interpersonal relations, S., Nauka & Izkustvo.
3. Jewell, L. (2001). Industrial–organizational psychology. SPb.: Piter, 2001.
4. Dimitrova, R. (2014). Monitoring of the Company Competitiveness. Univ. Publ. „N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad.
5. Dryigina, I. (2004). Activation of leadership potential of the student’s personality in the educational process at higher schools, Krasnoyarsk.
6. Evtikhov, О. (2011). Manager’s leadership potential: specificity, contents and options of development, Krasnoyarsk: SybUI MVD.
7. Emelyanova, M. (2001). Development of the child’s leadership potential in the process of research activities, Ekaterinburg.
8. Kirsanov, М. (2003). Leadership potential of anti-crisis governors, М.
9. Kyurova, V. (2011). Seasonality and Competitiveness in Hotel Business, dissertation paper, “N. Rilski” SWU, Blagoevgrad.
10. Kyurova, V. (2013). Image as a source of competitive advantage in hotel business, Entrepreneurship Magazine.
11. Madgerova, R. (2013). Economic and social measurements of entrepreneurship, Univ. Publ. “N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad.
12. Northouse, P. (2013). Leadership: theory and practice. New Delhi: Sage.
13. Usheva, М. (2010). Positive Leadership. Univ. Publ. “N. Rilski”.
14. Filipova, М. (2015) Leadership and Leadership Competences in Tourism, Univ. Publ. “N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad.
15. Khodaeva, Е. (2005). Leadership in small groups as an object of a social-psychological study // Management and leadership. SPb.: Piter.
16. Yaneva, D. (2006). Salary – motivator of the “complex man”, “Economics and Management” Magazine, Univ. Publ. “N. Rilski”, Blagoevgrad.
17. Соlе, G. (1988). Personal Management. Theory and Practice, II ed., London, D.P. Publication, Ltd.
18. Filipova, M. (2007). “Decision Making and Manager’s Leadership Competences”, „Integration of Science and Education as Key Factor for Building up the Knowledge-Based Society, Proceedings, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine.
19. Filipova, M. (2012). The Leadership Competences in Tourism, 8th International Scientific Conference “Management in the Function of Increasing the Tourism Consumption, University of Rijeka, Croatia.
20. Greanleaf, R. (1991). Servant Leadership. Indianapolis.
21. Yukl, G. (2011). Leadership in organizations. New Delhi: Dorling Kindersley, India.