Regional development policies in Ukraine: realities and prospects
Simkiv Lilya Yevgenivna PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of Theory of Economics and Management Department, Loziak Yuriy Dmytrovych Student of Department of Accounting and Auditing,
Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, Ukraine
Theoretical framework of regional policy and regional development, the roles and powers of public authorities, local governments and non-governmental institutions in the formulation and implementation of regional policy have been analyzed.
The priority approaches to developing and implementing regional policy of Ukraine on the basis of the fundamental long-term goals (socio-economic development of regions, overcoming major interregional maladjustments, achieving the reasonable standards of living) have been determined.
Attention is focused on the need to use a differentiated approach to the implementation of regional policies by increasing the regional autonomy in determining the long-term strategy for socio-economic development and then choosing means of its implementation; shifting the emphasis from exogenous development of problem areas to stimulation their endogenous potential, due to the reduction of public resources allocated to the development of these regions; involvement of local communities, business structures and community organizations in the management and solving problems of regional development.
It is substantiated that the improvement and implementation of regional policy in Ukraine will provide organic combination of national, regional and local interests and promote the full use of the internal potential of each region and each location.
1. Granberg, A. G. (2004). Osnovy regionalnoyi ekonomiky [Fundamentals of the regional economy]. Moskva: Izd. HY VShE [in Russian].
2. Nizhnik, N. G., Sytnik, G. P., Bilous, V. T. (2000). Natsionalna bezpeka ukrainy [National security of Ukraine]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
3. Leksyn, V. N., Shvetsov, A. N. (2009). Hosudarstvo i regiony. Teoriia I praktyka gosudarstvennogo regulirovaniia teritorialnogo razvitiia [The state and the regions. Theory and practice of state regulation of territorial development]. – Moskva [in Russian].
4. Larina, N. S. (2000). Smena paradigmy v regionalnoi politike [A paradigm shift in regional policy]. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiia – Region: economy and sociology, 4, 3 – 22 [in Russian].
5. Mikheeva, N. N. (2000). Regionalna ekonomika i upravlieniie [Regional Economics and management] – Khabarovsk: RIOTIP [in Russian].
6. Shvetsov, A. N. (2009). Obshchesistiemnaia i sieliektivnaia gosudarstviennaia regionalnaia politika [System-wide and selective state regional policy] Probliemnyi analiz i gosudarstvienno-upravlienchieskoie proektirovaniie – Problem analysis and state government planning, 2, 38 [in Russian].
7. Leonov, S. N., Sidorenko A. V. (2011). Selektivnaia regionalnaia politika kak samostoiatielnyi tip regionalnoi politiki hosudarstva [Selective regional policy as an independent type of regional policy of the state] Hosudarstviennoie upravlieniie. Eliektronnyi viesnik – Public administration. E-Bulletin. 28. Retrieved from http://spatial-economics.com/eng/images/spatial-econimics/2011-1/SE.2011. 1.067 [in Russian].
8. Storonyanska, I. (2009). Mizhregionalni intehgratsiini protsesy v Ukraini: tendentsii ta perspektyvy rozvytku [Interregional integration processes in Ukraine: tendencies and prospects of development]. Lviv: IRD, NAS [in Ukrainian].
9. Ukraina 2020. Stratehiia natsionalnoi modernizatsii. Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [Ukraine 2020. The strategy of national modernization. Order of The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine]. (n. d.). civic.kmu.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://civic.kmu.gov.ua/consult_mvc_kmu/ consult/old/show_fullbill/956 [in Ukrainian].
Simkiv L. Ye. Regional development policies in Ukraine: realities and prospects [Internet source] / L. Ye. Simkiv, D. Yu. Loziak // Economic Processes Management: International Scientific E-Journal. – 2015. – № 2. – Access mode: http://epm.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/download/2015_2/2015_2_16.pdf