The article deals with the studies of factors and conditions that define enterprise innovative activity. It is distinguished factors that influence the orientation on innovation of a company and factors that influence the innovation ability. It is noted an interdependence between innovative ability, orientation and activity. The article is also dedicated to analyses of influence specific industry characteristics and inner view of enterprise. It is discussed the influence of such factors as knowledge base, the organizational learning mechanisms, an external openness and the structure of innovative connections on the company opportunities to innovate. It is tried to focus on the impact of the environment on enterprise capabilities.
innovation activity, ability to innovate, orientation on innovation of a company.
1. Asheim, B.T., Gertler, M.S. (2005). The geography of innovation: regional innovation systems. In: Fagerberg, J., Mowery, D., Nelson, R. (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Innovation. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 291–317.
2. Carbonara N. (2003). Innovation processes within geographical clusters: a cognitive approach. Technovation, 24 (1), 17–28.
3. Freeman, C., Soete, L. (1997). The Economics of Industrial Innovation. London, Washington.
4. Giuliani. E., Bell. M. (2005). The micro-determinants of meso-level learning and innovation: evidence from a Chilean wine cluster. Research Policy, 34, 74–68.
5. Morosini P. (2004). Industrial Clusters, Knowledge Integration and Performance. World Development, 32(2), 305–326.
6. Patel, P. (1997). Localized Production of Technology for Global Markets. Technology, Globalisation and Economic Performance. D. Archibugi and J. Michie. Cambridge; New York and Melbourne, Cambridge University Press, 198–214.
7. Pavitt K. (1990). What we know about the Strategic Management of Technology, California Management Review, Vol. 32 (Spring), 3–26.
8. Teece, D. (1986). Profiting from technological innovation: implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy. Research Policy 15, 285–305.
9. Sokolenko S. Klastery v globalniy economici [Clusters in global economy]. Кyiv: Logos.