The article provides a comparative evaluation of the strategic doctrines of Ukraine and the EU. On the basis of the development of the automotive industry trends tracked achievement and identifies problem areas. Factors that have a positive and a negative impact on the performance of automobile construction companies have disclosed. Components of success automobile construction industry of the EU countries analyzed. The role of national regulators in the protection and development of car manufacturers is considered. The attention focuses on the imperfect strategic goals of the domestic automotive industry. Suggestions on current strategies of Ukrainian enterprises are provided. The expediency of creation strategic alliances between Ukrainian and European automotive companies in order to attract innovative technology and promotion of products on the international markets has substantiated.
automobile construction industry, competition, competitiveness, strategy, production and sales volumes, the crisis risks, strategic alliance, attract innovative technology, international markets.
1. Smith A. (1993). An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations/ Anthology of economic classics, Moscow «ECONOW». [in Russian].
2. Jevons W.S. (1905). The Theory of Political Economy, Narodnaja poljza, St. Petersburg. [in Russian].
3. Grechishkina I.V. (2004). Factors of effectiveness of competition policy, Dissertation for receiving the Candidate of economic sciences degree by specialty 08.00.01 economic theory – Moscow State University by M. Lomonosov.
4. Yurynets O., Tomiuk O. (2014). Justification of multilevel marketing strategy structure of automotive enterprises. Economic Annals – XXI, 2, 48-51. [in Ukrainian].
5. Movcharenko, V., & Hlyvenko, V. (2011). Car Market Analysis. Naukovyi visnyk CHDIEU. Marketуng (Scientific Bulletin of CHDIEU. Marketing), 3(11), 176-179. [in Ukrainian].
6. Oklander M. A., Zlatova I. A. (2014) The factors of competitiveness of the automotive enterprises, Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University Economics Series, Volume 5, Part 2, 93-99.
7. On approval of the State program of industrial development for 2003-2011(2003): Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated July 28, 2003 № 1174. Official Journal of the Ukraine. – 2003. 31. Art. 1628.
8. Trends and drivers of change in the European automotive industry: Mapping report. European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, 2004.
9. International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Veb-Portal. Retrieved from http://www.oica.net/
10. The State Statistics Committee of Ukraine, Veb-Portal: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
11. The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) Veb-Portal. Retrieved from http://www.acea.be/
12. CARS 2020 Report on the state of play of the outcome of the work of the High Level Group. Retrieved from: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/automotive/cars-2020/index_en.htm#h2-1
13. The potential of the automotive industry in Ukraine. Highlights. Retrieved from: http: //investukraine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Growth-potential-of-Ukrainian-automotive-industry-key-aspects-Anna-Shalina-Deloitte.pdf [in Ukrainian].
14. CJSC «Zaporizhia automobile building plant» (CJSC “ZAZ”) (“UkrAVTO” Corporation) Veb-Portal. zaz.ua. Retrieved from http://www.zaz.ua/ukr/
15. Bogdan Corporation Veb-Portal. bogdan.ua. Retrieved from http://www.bogdan.ua.
16. Eurocar Ltd Veb-Portal. eurocar.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.eurocar.com.ua.
17. KrASZ Ltd Veb-Portal. krasz.com.ua. Retrieved from http://krasz.com.ua.
18. Kherson car plant «Vipos» on the verge of bankruptcy. forbes.ua. Retrieved from: http://forbes.ua/news/1365165-hersonskij-avtozavod-vipos-v-shage-ot-bankrotstva
Okhrimenko O. O. The competitive strategies of the automobile construction enterprises: european experience and ukrainian realities [Internet source] / O. O. Okhrimenko // Economic Processes Management: International Scientific E-Journal. – 2015. – № 1. – Access mode: http://epm.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/download/2015_1/2015_1_13.pdf