Post-crisis development of mortgage credit market in Ukraine
Leonov Serhiy Viacheslavovych Doctor of Economics, Professor, Vice-rector, Tsyhanyuk Dmytro Leinodovych PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Banking,
Ukrainian Academy of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine, Ukraine
The world financial crisis in 2008-2009 brings a lot of problems for economic enterprises, but the most injured branch was construction industry. The main reason for that was growing troubles with mortgage credits, which in fact were closed for wide access. Considering that building industry and especially housing construction is one of the main economic engines we should analyze what are the main reasons of stagnation on mortgage lending market, which is the key source of financial capital for housing construction. We found that main problems are systemic and could be solve only with wide activity of the state institutions.
1. Avery, Robert B., Raphael W. Bostic, Paul S. Calem, and Glenn B. Canner, “Credit Risk, Credit Scoring, and the Performance of Home Mortgages,” Federal Reserve Bulletin 82 (1996), pp. 621-648
2. Deng, Yongheng and Gabriel, Stuart A., Risk-Based Pricing and the Enhancement of Mortgage Credit Availability among Underserved and Higher Credit-Risk Populations (May 2005). Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=330340 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.330340
3. Calem, Paul S. and LaCour-Little, Michael, Risk Based Capital Requirements for Mortgage Loans (November 2001). FEDS Working Paper No. 2001-60. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=295633 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.295633
4. Index Values History [Electronic resource] // Index CreditMarket. – 2014. – Available at: http://index.kreditmarket.ua/ru/publications/538-l-r-2310.
5. Monetary and financial statistics [Electronic resource] // The National bank of Ukraine. – 2014. – Available at: http://bank.gov.ua/control/en/publish/article?art_id= 8782121&cat_id=8782106