It is shown the sense of notion ‘’concession’’, and ‘’tourism concession’’. The conceptual foundations of concessions in Ukraine are investigated, which are reduced to a logical sequence of following components: principles, objects, concession bidding, the concession contract. It is characterized the nature of concession. It deals with international experience in the implementation of concession contracts. It has been found that the concession mechanism can form the basis for government programs of economic development. Concession agreements are promising implementation of public-private partnerships, which can ensure the development not only of tourism and recreation in Ukraine, but also the entire infrastructure. They form the foundations of system development of the sector as an integral factor in the economic system.
concession, tourism and recreation, public-private partnerships HRM.
1. Stepanova, N.H. (2012). Mirovoi opit realizatsii kontsessionoho mekhanizma [World experience of realization the concession mechanism] Retrieved from http://economicarggu.ru/2012_3/stepanova.pdf [in Russian].
2. Rozmetova, O.H. (2005). Kontsesiinyi dohovir yak innovatsiina forma investuvannia sanatorno-kurortnoi sfery [The concession agreement as an innovative form of investment sanatorium areas]. Rehionalni problemy rozvytku turyzmu ta rekreatsii – [Regional problems of tourism and recreation], 115-121 [in Ukrainian].
3. Konsovskуi, A.A. (2009). Razvitie orhanizatsionno-ekonomicheskikh osnov kontsessionnikh sohlashenii v sfere rossiiskoho turizma [Development of organizational-economic bases of concession agreements in the sphere of Russian tourism]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Moscow. [in Russian].
4. Paul F. J. Eagles, Cynthia M. Baycetich, Xiaoye Chen, Lina Dong, Elizabeth Halpenny,
Pia B. Kwan et al. (2009). Guidelines for Planning and Management of Concessions, Licenses and Permits for Tourism in Protected Areas. University of Waterloo [in English].
5. Spenceley, A. & Casimiro, R. (2012). Tourism concessions in protected areas in Mozambique: Analysis of tourism concessions models in protected areas in Mozambique. DAI and Nathan Associates. [in English].
6. Vykorystannia mekhanіzmіv derzhavno-pryvatnoho partnerstva pry stvorennі rynkіv sіlskogospodarskoi produktsіi: [resultaty doslіdzhen]. [Using Public-private partnership in the creation of wholesale markets of agricultural production [research results]. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
7. Balashov, S.A. (2011). Sovershenstvovanie hosudarstvennoho rehulirovaniia razvitiia kontsessii [Improvement of state regulation of concessions]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Moscow. [in Russian].
8. Zakon Ukrainy Pro kontsessii [Law of Ukraine on concession] Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/997-14 [in Ukrainian].
9. Bik, S. & Radzievskyi A. (2014). Kontsessii izmenivshie mir [Concessions that Changed the World] Moscow: Leder [in Russian].